Picture perfect luxury canal house in Anne Frank neighbourhood – Home 216002 House
- 2 bedrooms
- 4 sleeps
- min stay varies
Picture perfect luxury canal house in Anne Frank neighbourhood – Home 216002
- 2 bedrooms
- sleeps 4
- min stay varies
- Suitable for children age 5+
- Car not necessary
- No pets allowed
Description from owner
We aim for your stay at New Holland House to be an authentic Amsterdam experience, not just a rental - and your rental price is a "package" or "experience" price. Here are the Top 10 reasons to stay at "New Holland House"
1. Guests rent the ENTIRE HOUSE - not just a small apartment. This is extremely rare in Amsterdam - most canal houses have been divided into a number of smaller apartments. There are 2 bedrooms, 2 living rooms (one can be used as a 3rd bedroom), a large dining area, spacious kitchen, 2 bathrooms, a laundry and more.
2. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. New Holland House overlooks the famous Pulitzer Hotel (of Oceans 12 fame!). It is in the same immediate neighbourhood of Anne Frank House, the 9 Streets shopping area and the old cobbled streets of Jordaan are at your doorstep. In all directions, restaurants, cafes, art galleries, boutique retail shopping are all within the immediate vicinity. A supermarket is just around the corner !
3. PICTURE PERFECT HOUSE - quite possibly the most photographed in Amsterdam! The combination of a 1740s monument old merchant's home, beautifully restored, with beautiful seasonal flowers in the window box provides an instant "Wow" factor. You will notice this for yourself - and will be the envy of the passers by who frequently stop on the Prinsengracht to admire the house, and take a quick snap.
4. DAYDREAM AWAY WITH THE CANAL VIEWS. The house is angled to overlook the Prinsengracht (and the Pulitzer Hotel) and the furniture is designed to maximise the aspect : whether you sit in the splendid french lounge chairs on the ground, writing gazing out from the beautiful French desk on the first floor or lazing back on the comfortable lounge on the first floor. It is truly captivating to watch the Amsterdammers walk, cycle and boat by New Holland House.
5. UNIQUE CHARACTER AND CHARM - a MASTERPIECE. As Owner, we have invested significant time, effort and cost in acquiring local paintings, furnishings, artefacts, books and antiques to give the house a cosy lived-in charm. Many rental properties (including expensive properties) have a minimalist approach or leave the shelves empty. This house we have made the way we would like to live there
6. HOTEL quality, 5 star HOTEL luxury : linen, towels and product are luxury hotel grade (and acquired directly from hotels or hotel suppliers). Cleaning standards are set at the professional hotel level. Many apartments are more economic in the products they use, and do not invest the same premium in the level of comfort for guests.
7. Wake up and smell the COFFEE ! Coming from Melbourne, we as owners believe it is an absolute must to make the best possible coffee. The top of the range Jura coffee machine we have invested in, which grinds the beans fresh for each cup of coffee, is simple to use and makes superb coffee - from an expresso right through to a latte or cappuccino ! Few apartments would have invested in coffee like New Holland House !
8. A fully equipped CHEF's KITCHEN. The kitchen is large, spacious and fully equipped, making cooking in Amsterdam all part of the experience. Everything from an extra large 6 burner stove, extra large oven, microwave, blender, Villeroy&Boch cultery and crockery .... ! Its all there ! Try visiting the Noordermarkt farmer's markets on Saturdays, or any number of nearby supermarkets or organic markets to inspire you in the kitchen!
9. Amsterdammer BIKES included. Guests are welcome to use (without additional cost) the owner's top range Batavas Personal Bikes. These have been selected because they are unisex, reliable, easy to use and easy to adjust the seat height ..... and they look great! The cost of 2 rental bikes would be around Euro 20 per day, and are unlikely to be of the same quality. This is a real bonus that is unique to New Holland House.
10. LITTLE EXTRAs and luxuries included. Apart from the bikes, guest also receive a welcoming supply of Hotel style shampoo/conditioner, body wash and soaps. There is also an initial supply of toilet paper, dishwashing tablets, washing machine powder, spare garbage bags - even coffee beans for the machine ! Most short term rentals in Amsterdam do not supply all of these items. Although the house may be old, it has been beautifully renovated, and includes modern luxuries you would expect - including high speed internet WIFI, Bluray/DVD player (together with a collection), and Cable TV.
As we live in Melbourne, we cannot stay at New Holland House anywhere near as much as we like. However, we fit the house out so we feel comfortable and can enjoy our stay - we extend the same luxuries and comfort to our guests! We just love New Holland House!
- Suitable for children over 5
- No pets allowed
- High chair
Bed & bathroom
- Bedroom 1: Full bed
Bedroom 2: Queen Bed
Beds in other rooms: Sofa beds
- 2 Family bathrooms
- Wi-Fi available
- Balcony or terrace
- Bicycles available
- Internet access
- Central heating
- Washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- High chair
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Stereo system
- Hair dryer
- Linen provided
- Towels provided
- Not suitable for wheelchair users
Interaction with guest
- Check in time: 15:00, Check out time: 11:00
- If you have any questions about check-in or check-out times, please contact the owner/manager.
- This rental can only be paid for online through Holiday Lettings using your credit/debit card or PayPal (never by bank or wire transfer).
- No smoking at this property
Change of plans? No problem. You could receive a partial or full refund, depending on when you cancel.
100% refund within 24 hours after booking (provided the stay is at least 60 days away).
24 hours after booking
50% refund of the amount paid (minus the booking fee*) if cancelled at least 4 weeks before check-in.
4 weeks before
25% refund of the amount paid (minus the booking fee*) if cancelled at least 2 weeks before check-in.
2 weeks before
No refund if cancelled less than 2 weeks before check-in.
* The booking fee is stated in the cancellation policy information on the payment page. This fee helps us run our secure platform and enables us to provide 24/7 customer support
No smoking or pets allowed
Bikes provided can be used but on a rider responsibility basis
Young children under 5 are allowed, parents are requested to supervise children around stairs. A stairgate can be provided for the stairs on the main living floor.
About the owner
- Average reply time:
- 3 hours 2 minutes
- Response rate:
- Calendar last updated:
- 06 Dec 2019
- Years listed:
- Based in:
- Overall rating:
Languages spoken: English
Map and how to get there
– based on 29 reviews
- Very Good
“A wonderful, genuine, authentic experience of Amsterdam captured to perfection in this typically, idiosyncratic Amsetrda”
It is located in one of the premium areas of the canal district of Amsterdam. Easy walk to everything. The house makes you feel that you are part of Amsterdam and in fact, one of the tourist attractio… More
We stayed last May and we keep talking about coming back. The house is in a perfect location! We stayed with another couple and there was so much room for us. I will say that the stairs are extremely … More
“Experience Amsterdam like a local”
Absolutely perfect. We wanted for nothing from this house. Fully equipped and lovely modern restoration while keeping with the old history of the house. There are so many thoughtful touches through… More
Perfect house fantastic position . We loved everything about the house. The decoration was special. It felt like home .Looking over the canals at night especially was magic. I would highly recommend … More
“Perfect Dutch House in the Jordaan Area”
We just returned from an amazing week stay at the New Holland House. If you are going to Amsterdam you must stay in the Jordaan area and the New Holland House is the perfect house. The location is p… More
Response from the owner Thanks for the great insights - sounds like you have discovered all the reasons we love the house and location so much :)
This house is a once in a lifetime experience. It’s a historic building. To live in it, in such an elegant neighborhood, is a real treat. It’s very bright and comfortable and looking … More
“New Holland House, Amsterdam”
Our holiday in Amsterdam at New Holland House was the best vacation of all time. The house was perfectly appointed, full of small considerations, and spectacularly centrally located. Both the exterior… More
Response from the owner Thanks Carla - thrilled to hear you enjoyed the unique experience of New Holland House !
The house is well appointed with quality furniture and fixtures and is in a great position to experience the canal district of Amsterdam. The owner and manager are responsive and good to deal with. An… More
Response from the owner Thanks for the feedback. Everything mentioned has been addressed - the building works have finished (scaffolding is down), the house has been refreshed (the house is strictly non-smoking) and the fire place will be roaring for next winter (and the hydronic heating keeps the house really warm). There are 2 bathrooms and the downstairs bathroom is large, luxurious and spacious. Most guests (typically 2 couples or a family of 4) find the house wonderful. all the great things have not been listed but I know you enjoyed!
“Perfectly located for the 9 streets and Anne Frank museum”
Great house in a fabulous location. Lots of restaurants and bars nearby. Easy to get to everywhere else - museums etc with a 25 minute walk. Just make sure that you are ok with 2 sets of steep steep s… More
“Beautifully charming - we loved it!”
The New Holland House was a lovely stay. A four minute walk to the Anne Frank House and in the middle of everything with many shops and restaurants. The host Lidia was very accommodating and helpfu… More
- How do I find more info about the property?
You can get in touch with Mark (the owner) through the contact form on this page.
If you’ve already booked, go to Manage your holiday booking to send the owner a message.
- What if I have questions before I book?
Send Mark (the owner) an email through the contact form on this page. Alternatively, if there’s a phone number on this page, you can call them.
- How do I contact Mark (the owner)?
Send an email through the contact form on this page. Or if there’s a phone number on this page, you can call them.
If you’ve already booked, go to Manage your holiday booking to view Mark the owner's contact details or send them a message.
- What's the difference between 'Book your stay' and 'Contact the owner/manager'?
Use the Book your stay form to pay provisionally online and send Mark (the owner) a booking request. You’ll find out within 24 hours whether they’ve accepted - no money will leave your account before then
Or send Mark (the owner) an enquiry through the Contact the owner/manager form if you’d like a quote or more info first.
- What is a booking request?
When you pay online through the Book your stay form, a booking request is sent to Mark (the owner). You’ll find out within 24 hours whether they’ve accepted - no money will leave your account before then.
Only bookings paid for through our site are covered by our trusted Payment Protection.
- How do I know my booking is safe?
To book this holiday home you need to pay through the Holiday Lettings website. Only bookings paid for through our site are covered by our trusted Payment Protection. This means that in the unlikely event that you’re prevented or denied access to your holiday home when you check in, we’ll offer a full refund for the stay.
- How do I know what it will cost for my stay?
Simply enter your holiday dates in the Book your stay form to calculate the cost of your stay.
Click Book now to see a full breakdown of the price.
You can also request a quote from Mark (the owner) through the contact form. The owner will email you the total cost for your dates and a link to book and pay online.
- How do I know if my booking request has been accepted?
You’ll receive an email within 24 hours to let you know. Or you can check in Manage your holiday booking. No money will leave your account unless it’s accepted.
- How do I pay for my holiday?
Use the Book your stay form to pay provisionally online. You can pay by credit/debit card or PayPal. Mark (the owner) will have 24 hours to accept the booking and no money will leave your account before then.
If you’ve been sent a quote, simply accept it and pay online through the email we sent you. You can also do this in Manage your holiday booking.
Only bookings paid for through our site are covered by our trusted Payment Protection.
- Why can't I call Mark (the owner) before booking?
You can exchange contact details with the property owner/manager once your booking is confirmed and you’ve paid in full. Paying and communicating only through our platform allows us to ensure that your booking is covered by our Payment Protection policy.
If you have any questions before booking, you can send the property owner/manager a message via the contact form on their listing. Once you’ve booked, you can discuss the rental and make arrangements for your trip by logging into Manage my booking.
- How do damage deposits work?
In most cases, you don’t pay a damage deposit up front. Instead, we save your payment details securely and you’re only charged in the event of damage to the property.
Occasionally, you will pay a damage deposit up front as part of the total rental cost. In this case, the owner has 10 days after you check out to report any damage. If they don’t, we’ll return your deposit. If their claim is successful, we’ll deduct the agreed cost and return the remainder.
- How can I view and manage my booking?
Go to Manage your holiday booking to view all your booking details, pay the balance of your holiday or cancel it if you need to.
- How do I pay the balance of my holiday?
You can pay the remaining balance of your holiday at any point. Simply go to Manage my holiday booking and click Pay now.
We’ll automatically charge the balance payment to the same payment method 10 days before it’s due. Go to Manage my holiday booking to see when the payment will be taken.
- How can I retract my booking request?
You’ll need to contact Mark (the owner) to do this. Send them a message in Manage your holiday booking or through the contact form on this page.
- How do I cancel my booking?
Go to Manage your holiday booking to cancel your booking. Here you can view your cancellation policy to see if you’ll be refunded.
- How do I edit my booking?
You can request to change the dates or number of people on your booking via the Manage your holiday booking page. To change your holiday dates use the Edit booking button. If you need to change the number of guests staying then send Mark (the owner) a message.
If Mark (the owner) agrees, they’ll send you a revised quote outlining the changes. You can review and accept/decline this from the Manage your holiday booking page. You’ll have 48 hours to take action before the revised quote expires.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours