MAGNIFICENT 9BR HISTORIC VILLA WITH STUNNING POOL & VIEWS, IN TOP LOCATION! – Home 5056229 Villa
- 9 bedrooms
- 18 sleeps
- 1 night min stay
MAGNIFICENT 9BR HISTORIC VILLA WITH STUNNING POOL & VIEWS, IN TOP LOCATION! – Home 5056229
- 9 bedrooms
- sleeps 18
- 1 night min stay
Villa / 9 bedrooms / 8 bathrooms / sleeps 18
- Nearest beach 130 mi
- Swimming pool
- Child friendly
- Car advised
- Air conditioning
- Ask about pets
- Private garden
Description from owner
*** Wedding conditions: listed at the bottom of this page ***
Villa Benedetta is a beautiful historic residence that has been the beating heart of the Folonari family (a renowned name in the Italian wine panorama) for many years. Dating back to the early 1800s, the villa is located at the center of the family’s agricultural holding, that is currently producing internationally known wines.
After an extensive renovation of the villa in 2014, the owners have decided to convert it into a vacation home considering its overall wonderful characteristics, elegance and charm. The spectacular Tuscan surroundings are perfect for excursions either on foot, by bike or by horseback riding.
The park of the villa is immaculately kept and features furnished shaded areas dedicated to relaxing while enjoying the view on the stunning Tuscan landscape or al fresco dining (there is a new barbecue and a covered gazebo that sits up to 20 people).
The private swimming pool (size 40 x 16 feet) comes with a changing area, full bathroom with shower and a dedicated wi-fi internet connection.
The villa guests are always welcome to visit the cellars and taste the wine produced within the estates of the Folonari family.
Location: the villa is located in Greve in Chianti, which is considered the “entrance gate” into the Chianti region. The beautiful main square of Greve, Piazza Matteotti, is the focal point of the town and can be easily reached from the villa on foot (about 10 minutes walk), by bike, or by car (3 minutes drive).
At the Piazza Matteotti there is several excellent restaurants such as the Osteria Mangiando Mangiando, the Bottega del Moro or the Osteria La Terrazza as well as many other typical grocery stores, artisan shops and the famous Antica Macelleria Falorni (a Tuscan butcher that has been in the same spot since 1729). Nearby the square there is also a large supermarket.
In walking distance from the villa there is a bus stop where it is possible to take several buses to Florence or other nearby locations such as San Gimignano or Siena.
Description of the interiors: The villa features 9 large bedrooms (all with the characteristic high ceilings) and 8 bathrooms in total. One additional bedroom & bathroom is available upon demand.
- Entrance hall
- Large kitchen with table seating up to 8, oven, gas stove, American style fridge, kettle, toaster, ice machine, Italian coffee machine (moka) and American coffee machine (drip)
- Dining room seating up to 18 guests
- TV room with 54” TV
- Large living room with French doors, overlooking the valley and directly connected to the outdoor gazebo and lounge area
- Study with 54” TV
- 2 master bedrooms, each with a king size bed and a private bathroom
- 1 guest bathroom (half)
- Large living room
- 1 master bedroom with a king size bed and a private bathroom with tub/shower
- 2 master bedrooms with a king size bed each, sharing a bathroom with shower
- 2 twin bedrooms, with 2 twin beds each and a private bathroom*
- 1 twin bedroom with 2 twin beds, sharing a bathroom with tub/shower*
- 1 master bedroom with a king size bed, sharing a bathroom with tub/shower
- Laundry room with washer and dryer
*The 3 twin bedrooms on the first floor (that come with 2 twin beds each) can all be made up as kings upon request.
** A “City Tax” of € 1.50 per person per night, applicable for a maximum of 7 consecutive nights, is to be paid upon arrival (children under 14 exempt). The “City Tax” applies between the period of March 1st to October 31st.
*** Conditions to hold weddings at the property***
- The hiring of the villa’s preferred wedding planner is mandatory.
- A wedding/event fee is applied extra, for the permission to hold the wedding at the property with non-villa residents attending (this amount varies according to the final number of guests).
- The maximum number of guests allowed for any event/wedding on the property is 30 people (total includes villa residents).
- Great for children of all ages
- Some pets are welcome - please contact the owner
- High chair
Bed & bathroom
- Bedroom 1: Queen Bed
Bedroom 2: Queen Bed
Bedroom 3: Queen Bed
Bedroom 4: Queen Bed
Bedroom 5: Queen Bed
Bedroom 6: Queen Bed
Bedroom 7: 2 Twin beds
Bedroom 8: Twin bed
Bedroom 9: 2 Twin beds
- 3 Family bathrooms, 4 En suites, 1 Toilet Only
- Wi-Fi available
- Air conditioning
- Private outdoor pool (unheated)
- Private garden
- Balcony or terrace
- Internet access
- Central heating
- Table tennis
- Washing machine
- Clothes dryer
- High chair
- Satellite TV
- DVD player
- Stereo system
- Towels provided
- Accessible for wheelchair users — please contact the owner for details before booking
- Check in time: 16:00, Check out time: 10:00
- If you have any questions about check-in or check-out times, please contact the owner/manager.
- To be covered by Payment Protection this rental needs to be paid for online through Holiday Lettings using your credit/debit card or PayPal. Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer (such as Western Union or Moneygram) as this type of payment is untraceable.
- No smoking at this property
Change of plans? No problem. You could receive a partial or full refund, depending on when you cancel.
100% refund within 24 hours after booking (provided the stay is at least 60 days away).
24 hours after booking
No refund If you cancel, any money you have paid cannot be refunded.
About the owner
- Response rate:
- Calendar last updated:
- 20 Mar 2019
- Years listed:
- Based in:
- Overall rating:
Languages spoken: English, Spanish, German, Italian
Map and how to get there
– based on 12 reviews
- Very Good
- How do I find more info about the property?
You can get in touch with Villa (the owner) through the contact form on this page.
- What if I have questions before I book?
Send Villa (the owner) an email through the contact form on this page. Alternatively, if there’s a phone number on this page, you can call them.
- How do I contact Villa (the owner)?
Send an email through the contact form on this page. Or if there’s a phone number on this page, you can call them.
- How do I know my booking is safe?
You'll need to send Villa (the owner) an enquiry to book - the owner will let you know how to pay. If they accept online booking they'll send you a quote and info on how to pay. If you pay through our website you’ll be covered by Payment Protection.
If they don’t accept online booking they'll still be able to offer a secure form of payment. Read our top tips on booking safely.
- How do I know what it will cost for my stay?
Select the Prices tab for an overview of this property's prices.
Or you can send Villa (the owner) an enquiry through the contact form to request a quote. Villa (the owner) will email you the total cost for your dates and how to pay.
- How do I pay for my holiday?
Send Villa (the owner) an enquiry through the contact form requesting a quote for your holiday dates. Villa (the owner) will email you the total cost for your dates and how to pay.
- How do damage deposits work?
Villa (the owner) of this property is responsible for taking and refunding your damage deposit. The damage deposit terms should be agreed before booking and outlined in the booking contract, if Villa (the owner) supplies one. Please refer to these details or contact Villa (the owner) directly if you have any questions.
- How do I cancel my booking?
You'll need to contact Villa (the owner) to cancel. They should have provided their contact details when you made your booking - otherwise, email them through the contact form.
- How do I edit my booking?
You'll need to contact Villa (the owner) to edit your booking. They should have provided their contact details when you made your booking - otherwise, email them through the contact form.
Build your perfect trip, with Holiday Lettings & TripAdvisor
Book with confidence
Pay online to be covered by Payment Protection
Real opinions, real reviews
Genuine guest feedback from 100,000+ reviews
Safe, simple, secure
When you pay online with PayPal or by credit/debit card
Quick response times
Know where you're staying within 24 hours